Thursday, September 25, 2008

In the News #5

Splenda is everywhere. Many people use splenda on a day to day basis. I however do not use splenda but three of my family members do. My brother who is a diabetic and cannot have real sugar in large portions subsitutes it for splenda. My mother also uses splenda, she puts it in her morning coffee and it is also in her diet sodas that she drinks throughout the day. My nana also uses splenda and she cooks with it when she makes her famous banana cupcakes. I think people use splenda more than they realize it because almost everything contains sugar, which may be the reason splenda is getting so much publicity.

I think it's good that splenda is getting a lot of publicity, because this may help people realize that fake sugar is not the answer. If people just use real sugar in smaller portions we wouldn't have this problem. Splenda doesn't affect me health wise, but it does affect me because so many of my family members use it and I know that it is not good for them. I do not think this will help the good bacteria, I don't think splenda helps us at all. I don't think moderation is the key. If something is bad for you, you shouldn't eat it plain and simple. If you try to watch your intake of something that's good but over time it'll catch up to you so I don't think moderation is the key to anything unhealthy.

No comments: