Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"The Case Against Chores"

1. Smiley changed her beliefs about chores when she was a child because she never had to do any chores. She said this when she was talking about her mother and grandmother, she said that she was never expected to lift a figure because her mother and grandmother did it for her. I don’t think if she wrote that somewhere else in the essay it really would’ve affected me.

2. Kids won’t do a good job if you make them do something they don’t want to or are not interested in. It’s not going to help them become hard workers, if you want to instill hard working into them, get them something they are going to want to take care of. Yes, I do consider these reasons authoritative. I think her intended audience was parents, trying to explain to them that a kid isn’t going to do something they don’t want to with a whole lot of effort.

3. She asks her reader’s questions to keep them interested in the essay. She also wants them to become involved in her writing. I agree with her questions I don’t want to be loved by how much work I do around the house.

No comments: