Tuesday, September 23, 2008

In the New #4 (response)

I think children should be tested for the gene of cancers. I don't think they should be tested at a young age but I think by the age of 15 or 16 girls should be checked for brest cancer and ovarian cancer. I believe this because it may motivate them to take better care of themselves, for example; they may not smoke, drink, or take birth control pills. Although birth control pills help to prevent ovarian cancer, it also increases your risk of brest cancer. There are other ways to prevent ovarian cancer such as obstain from sex or get the gardasil shot. To prevent brest cancer you can take care of yourself by not drinking or smoking. So I think letting your children know that they have this gene mutation is a good thing because they can learn ways to help prevent cancer.

No comments: