Thursday, September 11, 2008

In the News #2

Bush's Border Fence Faces More Trouble

I would give the Bush administration the $400 million dollars they need to complete the rest of the fence. I think it is important especially after 9/11 to keep terrorist out of the United States. Unfortunately there are many other ways terrorist can enter our country. Also I think putting in surveillance technology is important as well. We really need to be careful on who is coming into our country these days.

As far as the families having to give up their homes to build the rest of this fence, I believe they should do it. The government is going to buy their land and homes from them so they will have money to go buy another house, it's not like they'll be living out on the streets. So if they really cared about our country I think they would be willing to give up their homes and land.

Also they have to get court orders to build on certain lands. Again I think if anyone cared about our country they would let the government build the fence and do what they can to protect us. Instead of always bashing the government maybe we should listen to them because they know more than we do as far as what other countries are plotting against us, or where terrorist may be coming from.

In my opinion I think the fence is a necessity for the safety of our country. I also realize that terrorist and other people who want to come to the United States will find other ways to enter the country. So we should also find other ways to protect ourselves, cause lets face it, a fence isn't going to keep out everyone.

No comments: