Monday, October 20, 2008

Murray Chapter 6 Questions

1. In my euthanasia essay that I wrote I believe my information was well described, but I don’t believe I captured the audience very well overall. I should’ve asked more questions to keep them interested in what I was about to talk about. I could’ve organized my essay better; it went back and forth quite a bit. It did not develop into the essay I thought it would.
2. As I was reading my essay aloud to myself I realized that it was very disheveled and uninteresting. I need to find a better introduction and get more opinions of euthanasia. I interviewed many people but each one had the same opinion about it. Finally, although there are many different types of euthanasia I need to focus on one kind.
3. Yes, Murray telling me who the speaker was grabs my attention and influences how I read and comprehend the quote. When he tells us the speakers name and where they are from I start to think of the heritage and how things are or in another country or day and age. It really helps me grasp the meaning of the quote and that it might have been taken differently a hundred years ago than what it means today.

No comments: