Thursday, October 2, 2008

In the News #6

Trooper says he couldn't avoid suspect with car

I believe the troopers act was intentional and was an act of racism. I have been to South Carolina many times and you can see that white people look down upon black people and treat them differently. I think when the trooper said, "yes, I hit him on purpose" even the sarcasm behind it was not neccessary and he deserves to go to jail for that. I also think it shows some proof that he tried to hit the man on purpose.

I think few cases are known or even noticed when it comes to the people civil rights against any type of police authority because know one wants to get on an officers bad side. If you do and suddenly there's an emergency not only will that officer not be anxious to help you but neither will any others because they all are on the same side.

Yes I think the troopers punishment was resonable, he did something terrible and then turned around and joked about it. That to me says it is intentional and the ten years in prison and 250 community service hours is a good punishment. I think he got off easy because any other person would be in jail for 15-25 years and have a lot more community service hours.

No comments: